Monday, March 26, 2012

My Favorite Things

Peculiar Poppets Playing
They love to Giggle  =)

Since I was little I loved my stuffed toys.  I didn't have barbie dolls, just wasn't my thing, but give me a plushie and I can have a blast.  
When I made clothing and costumes years ago I would make plush bunnies for gifts that were themed for the recipients.  When I started getting away from costuming I started to explore making toys.  I love to share smiles and laughter, I could not think of any better way to do that then though toys.
My latest creations have been the Peculiar Poppets.  There is no pattern so each one is a one-of-a-kind toy, even if they have the same jumper on their shape, expressions and accessories are always different.  If I use a found object or vintage item for the accessory it becomes even more unique.  Once the toy is complete they get a few sentences to describe their personality.  You can see Heinrick above, he like butterflies.  He visits botanical gardens to enjoy the plants at look for butterflies.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love. My bestest friends are the ones who are bestest friends with their plushies. They understand the fun and love. Love the Peculiar Poppets. They rock!

    ReplyDelete