Thursday, September 17, 2009

How A-Musing!

Here is my Muse, Dippity. That is short for Serendipity.

This little creation came about in an odd way.
I was playing around with some wool roving I purchased quite some time ago. I wanted to try needle felting, but I kept stabbing my fingers, not a good thing. Sooooo, I decided to try hand felting with soap and water. I created squares of felt, with no idea in mind as to what they would become.
Hanging out with friends at a weekend art retreat I started working on a face for a funky doll, but then realized I didn't have stuffing to make a doll and set the face aside... it was set on one of the felt squares I brought with me. How amusing that face looked on the square of felt, so I stitched it in place. I created a small body for the back to give a bit to hold onto (using fabric scraps to stuff with at the time) and made legs out of the other square of felt. The legs were trimmed with a blanket stitch before being put into place. Bingo! my little Muse was born!
*
My muses are made with:
hand felted wool
polyester felt
poly-cotton fabric
fiber-fill
embroidery floss
*
Who wouldn't love that sweet face =)
*
Made in a smoke-free, pet-free, child-free environment.

2 comments: