Thursday, November 10, 2011

Peculiar Poppet Progress v.3

Time to start adding some personality to these happy little ones  =)


During this step of the process I add the hand-stitching to the faces, that starts with a quirky little smile.
I then choose buttons for their eyes, I love to use ones that are different sizes and don't match, makes them a bit more curious.  I choose a color of embroidery floss and stitch around one of the white area (inside, on, or around the edge) and add the smaller button for that eye, then I stitch the bigger button into the other white area.  I try to place the buttons in their eye area to look somewhat random, to add to the playful nature of their expression.
Their face is now complete so I move on to the hair selection.  I LOVE to use handspun and art yarns for this, it really makes them unique and draws your attention to the details within the yarn.  I look at the body fabric and facial expression and try to pair up a yarn then will bring out the next level of personality for them.

Next process includes adding the hair, and stitching together

2 comments:

  1. They are so expressive, they just make me giggle to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks =)
    In my head I think of just a giggle fest of them running around the house as I try to chase them down, hee hee

    ReplyDelete